Carmarthen Stories Exhibition

On the 3rd and 4th March 2010 twenty-one Carmarthen organisations gathered in St Peter's Civic Hall to tell the story of Carmarthen. They had been invited by the Town Council to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Carmarthen Journal - Wales's oldest newspaper still in circulation, and one of the oldest provincial weeklies in the United Kingdom. The following organisations took part:

Mayor's Charity Committee, Carmarthen Journal, Cwlwm, Gwili Railway, Carmarthen Branch of Dyfed Family History Society, Carmarthenshire Antiquarian Society, Friends of Carmarthenshire Archives, Carmarthen Civic Society, Carmarthen Sketch Club, Carmarthen and District Stamp and Post Card Club, Carmarthen Golf Club, Merched y Wawr Caerfryddin, Carmarthen Amateur Operatic Society, Trinity University College, Carmarthen Embroiderers, Carmarthen Riverside Association, Towy Rotary Club, Carmarthen Rotary Club, St David's Church and Christ Church, Capel y Priordy, English Baptist Church, St Mary's Catholic Church, Capel Heol Awst, Girlguiding Carmarthenshire and HM Courts Service.

small0112.jpg
small03.jpg
small05.jpg
small06.jpg
small08.jpg
small09.jpg
small10.jpg
small11.jpg
small12.jpg
small13.jpg
small15.jpg
small16.jpg
small02.jpg
small04.jpg
small07.jpg
small14.jpg
small17.jpg
small18.jpg
small19.jpg
small20.jpg
1938